Man, this tool really tapped into my procrastination... I think with all the possibilities available in Google docs, I really had trouble choosing a direction and sticking to it. I would begin a doc and then decide 'oh, this would be really good for ___________' only to begin an entirely new doc. I eventually decided, since the beginning of the year is just around the bend, to create a reference document for getting to know my new students. I can use this doc to log important aspects about them from strengths/weaknesses, test scores, likes/dislikes. I shared this with their prior teachers so they can help me get a head start on how to best instruct each of my upcoming students.
Google Reader was cool. It makes it very easy to track many different sites all at once. It's almost like your Favorites tabs but on a page altogether. Very convenient... especially for viewing many blogs.
I could see using Google Reaader in a tutoring situation so both the teacher and the tutor could log and track progress. Or (oooh, oooh...even better) to provide instructions for a tutor that they could then respond and give feedback about how to session went. That could be cool!
I like the idea of giving a group (say...a...guided reading group...) a blog that everyone could post different thoughts or do group projects together over a certain topic (say...a...book). Google Reader would make it really easy to follow all of the group blogs.
You're right...you're right...I know you're right...!
ReplyDelete